Links for the General Community
The following Australian sites offer individuals and parents in the community practical guides and information on healthy weight management.
- Healthy Active Australia
- Nutritional and Physical Activity
- Physical Activity Australia (formerly Kinect Australia)
- The Heart Foundation
- Diabetes Australia
- Management of gastric bands in an emergency
Resources for the Professional Community
In treating obesity, the following Australian sites arm the professional/medical community with the Australian government's obesity guidelines, along with useful information and materials regarding the treatment of Obesity and a directory of dietitians for referrals.
National and International Obesity Societies
- Australian and New Zealand Obesity Society (ANZOS)
- The Obesity Society
- International Association for the Study of Obesity (IASO)
Bariatric Surgery Societies
- Obesity Surgery Society of Australia & New Zealand (OSSANZ)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
The following sites provide an international perspective of well developed information.
- Counterweight Program (UK)
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) - Obesity Education Initiative (OEI) (USA)
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (USA): "The Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: The Evidence Report"